The bedroom offers a sanctuary from the outside world, a place where one can take refuge and rest up after a long day. Of course, the bedroom also has other functions. With the right lighting, furnishings and decor, you can turn any bedroom into a romantic place to spend time with the one you love.
- Place fresh flowers in vases around the room. Replace them once they begin to wither.
- Place scented candles around the room in safe locations. Turn out the lights and spark them up during romantic moments to add soft lighting and a pleasant aroma.
- Add a pleasant color scheme, especially if your room features drab colors such as white or gray. Reds, greens and blues are all colors that can lead to a romantic atmosphere.
- Place framed pictures of yourself and your loved one around the room. This personalizes the bedroom and reminds you of happy times together.
- Avoid harsh lighting. Use soft-light bulbs with lamp shades to create the right mood.